Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Trying To Stay On Top

I am trying to stay on top of this and I am trying to stay optimistic. I have a very hard time doing things like thins and I have concluded that this is the exact reason that I do not do well with loosing weight. My problem is this...... When I do not see that what I am doing is successful I quit and think to myself What in the hell is the Point? I am not eating anything I want and that is how I am used to being. I am not starving but I am definitely trying something new and I know that what I am doing is right but this just sucks. I want to get rid of this thing so badly and I want to change so so so badly but when I dont see anything I just want to stop. So how do I work this out? How do I continue doing this just keeping in mind that I want to be healthy and fell better. Now how bad does that sound really? I want to do it for the right reasons and for the first time I really really want it and know I need it but its the instant gratification that I am so used to. I am so ok usually with this situation just because it makes me feel better RIGHT NOW! So how do I find it? Any suggestions? Is there anyone out there? Oh well I guess I will try to eat and find something to do to move myself around and see if it helps. I know I need this and I know I need to do it for me so I guess one can only hope!?

2 comments:

Melanie Hampton said...

Darci. I am in your same boat. losing weight is hard. sometimes it helps me to look at it as something different. like making life changes. changing how i look at food. changing my portion sizes to correct ones. changing some of the types of foods i eat. and the one that helps me the most is exercise. i love food. and sometimes i want what i want and most of the time its not something super healthy. so if i exercise everyday then when i do give in, i dont feel as guilty. plus exercise for me is about gaining muscle and strength not burning calories. that also helps. but your right, it has to be up to you and it is a decision you make every moment of every day.
you can do this. start a blog. that might help. i love you. i'm here to help. call or text me any time.

Jenny said...

Hi Darci, I am from Freezerdinner.com. I noticed you stopped by and want to get to know you better. I've been reading through your frustrations with weight loss and want you to know, everyone struggles with this. Including me. It is no fun to have extra weight. You are not alone. I am not a diet fan at all, in fact I hate diets because they never last...but my mom, dad, sister and brother-in-law and two close friends have had success with this program. And they've tried everything else. My parents even run 7 miles every morning. This program is very successful. I thought I'd recommend it. It's called http://www.kristiapproved.com/ Here's my sisters story. http://mattanddixie.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-live-life-experience.html
Also, if you like to dance. I LOVE to Zumba. It is the best thing that has ever happened to exercise. Hopefully you have a class nearby you. Check out Zumba at: www.Zumba.com Good luck! I would love to stay in touch. You can stay in touch with me at my family blog: www.stangerfamily.blogspot.com