Sunday, February 28, 2010

I Think I Can

So I have this friend Melanie and she has done something inspirational. She has started a blog on loosing a 100 pounds. I do have friends that have lost amazing amounts of weight, and I have friends and family that have lost a lot of weight and then put it right back on so for a friend to do this at such a momentous time in my life has kind of impacted me. We as a family are at a time where we are making crucial life decisions and changes. So in honor of this time in our life and also the fact that a friend has started something, I am going to do it as well. I know that I have said in the past that I need to shed it and that I am going to but this time feels different. I feel different and my needs and wants are different. I have new reasons and new priorities. So have have my reasons, I have the will, and I have the drive (I hope). I think I can, and every time I put something in my mouth or think about it I am going to really make a decision. And FYI I do not say loose for weight, because when you really think about it when you loose something you do everything you can to find it and get it back. So from now on I am saying to shed or to get rid of because when it is gone I DO NOT WANT IT BACK!!!!!!!

So wish we luck, prey for me, send good vibes, tip your hat and cross your fingers, or whatever works for you but please think of me as I make my way on my new journey.

Thanks

2 comments:

Harris Family said...

Darci!! You know I have your back. I'm psyched. If anyone has the drive it is you!

Melanie Hampton said...

Darci! You should start a blog for your weight loss journey! I have a bunch of friends doing it and we can all be a support to each other. And it shouldnt be "I think I can", it should be "I CAN"! Cant wait to hear and see about your success! Keep me posted!