Monday, January 25, 2010

A Tribute To My Mother-In-Law

I know that this sounds weird and a little like I am trying to just suck up but I do have to brag a little bit. If you have ever had the privilege of meeting my wonderful mother- in-law Sue you are truly very lucky. She is one of the strongest women I know. She has so much love. When I first met her I have to admit I was afraid that she would never like me or I would never measure up. Jimmy had been with some crazies and after that she was really skeptical. I was young and pretty stupid and even kinda flighty. Ok so not flighty but just overly bubbly. When we got married I will never forget hugging her and she told me " well I guess im not loosing a son I guess im gaining a daughter" and I will never forget that and how good it made me feel. It was acceptance even though the marriage was fast. So over the next 7 years I have seen first hand the things that she has allowed me to see and learn about her. Believe me there is nothing there but love and caring. Now I have heard some scary stories about mother-in-laws and I was really worried before I met her. I love that we get along so well, I love the relationship that we have and hope that it only gets better. She has been so wonderful through everything we have put her through so far. I wish I could tell her that there will never be another thing but she and I both know that you can't predict the future even though I wish I could. But the fact that she knows that and that she loves us anyway and is willing to be patient and help us no matter the circumstance is plenty.

Sue you are wonderful and I hope that you know how much Jimmy, the kids and I really really miss you. We love talking to you a lot lately and hope that we can keep it up until we are able to move home again. Thank you for loving me and just being there.

No comments: