Monday, August 25, 2008

Xander is growing so fast and I cant believe it!

Last night was monumental. Xander had his first haircut and slept in his big boy bed for the first time. Mommy cried of course. We said our prayers Jimmy and I tucked him in and we left. he only cried for about 5 minutes straight then for about 20 off and on but after that he was fine. We think the reason he did so well is because we have told him every night even when we put him down in his crib that it was nigh nigh time and we loved him and we would see him in the morning and he would go to sleep. After a short time I went in to his room and made sure he was covered and kissed him again. At about 12:30am I heard a big thud and the poor guys had rolled out of the bed. When I walked in he was getting back into the bed. I laid with him for a while and he would not go back to sleep. Finally he did and I heard him walking around and talking to himself this morning after some cuddling this morning he was fine. We also had our first nap in the bed today and that consisted of crying for about 10 minutes and then asleep. I dont know why I was so afraid. He is doing so well and I only hope that that behavior continues when the new baby comes. I have heard such horror stories on how kids change when they are not the center of attention anymore and I hope that my little angel stays the same. About the hair cut, he did so well he did cry for a little while but after mommy singing to him and playing with him while daddy shaved him he was fine. He looks more like grandpa Tom now more ever. His hair is so light and his head is so perfect that he looks kinda like a cancer patient ( and I mean that in the best sense). He is so cute running around now :) His big blue eyes stick out more then ever. I cant wait to see the new one.



Before




After

No comments: