Monday, December 15, 2008

The Fight for breastfeeding

As many of you know I have had a little bit of a hard time with the breastfeeding. It started with not pumping right after I had Maddox (with some of that to blame on the nurses at the hospital) and then the stress of Maddox being sick and in the NICU. Then there were some other things that happened to slow everything down. The loss of a helping sheild, the breaking af 3 pumps, and the cost of medicine have not helped. After 2 medications and the help of a few other things we did establish what was needed to continue the flow and probably after some time increase it. But to our dismay we have concluded that it is intirly to expencive to continue. Mommy is very disappointed but I am proud that I did breast feed for 3 months and I was so very dilligent and worked so very hard. It is a hard fight to concide a lose to but I think we are learning so much as we go and maybe on the next one we will make it. Xander was only breastfed for a small amout of 2 weeks and he is no worse for the ware. We will try again next time and hope that it works out then.

No comments: