Thursday, July 17, 2008

New Update On Baby And What Dr. Says

My last appointment was not just a Dr. visit it was accompanied by a hospital visit. The hospital visit was no big deal but it was something to be nervous about. I was sent for an extra visit to the office of the Maternal of Fetal Medicine office. First of all they were all very nice and the office was nice as well which for some reason holds a lot for me (Kinda weird) anyway, they did a ultra looking for the amount of amniotic fluid that I have and if the baby is getting enough blood. The amniotic fluid looks good it is supposed to be in between a 10 and a 24 and mine is a 14.4 and the doctor says that that is fine. Next the baby had enough blood and is doing well. I guess when mother have hyper tension they have a chance of having a low birth weight baby and they told me that little (******) is weighing in at 3lb 12oz and is in the 60th percent tile and doing well. My blood pressure when i first went in was 135/75 then went to 167/91 then by the end of the appointment it went to 159/87. The did do a non stress test and he did not like me having that monitor on at all. He would not hold still and he kept kicking it off. Finally the nurse had to come and push it in and hold it in place. Which is no surprise because he kicks all the time and Xander sis the very same thing when they tried to get his heart beat. Dr. Jackson ( the MFM) decided that for right now it would be best if I was to come to the hospital once a week for the non stress test (NST) so I will be tracking that way once a week. That evening I went to see Dr. Epstein. I have gained a whole 2lbs which I was trying to avoid but he said that in this stage it is normal to gain something. Their was negative protein in my urine which is FANTASTIC and the baby is looking great. After reviewing the test results from the hospital Dr. Epstein decided that at this time with my blood pressure fluctuating as much as it is it would probably be smart not to put me on any medication. He is afraid to medicate me and then me getting to low which would be worst for the baby and me. Since I am now going to the hospital once a week Dr. Epstein took pity on me and gas prices he told me just to come and see him every other week not every week. So that is better. Just a little tidbit of info the baby is breach and they kinda tried to move him and he just likes where he is so much that he will not budge. The Dr. says that right now thats ok but he does need to turn soon. If not then we might be looking forward to a C-section. So we will see.

No comments: